Having now entered Autumn, the track and field season is disappointingly over for most of Europe. After a busy Summer, with plenty of competitions from both new and returning customers, OpenTrack wanted to see how our clients fared and how we can schedule some improvements during this (slightly) quieter period.
With new clients, such as Welsh Athletics, on board this Summer, the athlete and competition numbers have vastly increased. This is something that is only going to continue now that Norway are officialy signed up for 2020. Importantly, this means more expert officials and organisers to use and help improve the OpenTrack platform.
- The Competition Management System (CMS) is being used more frequently as those with access begin to reap its rewards
- Many customers are now using all available aspects of the CMS, ranging from the Team Entries Portal and Live Results Recording through to Automatic PB Notifications and Seeding
- Importantly, the Federation Management System is also being utilised fully by those signed up to it
- Customers’ expectations are being met 100%
- Time saved by those using the CMS is only increasing; users are reporting that the hours work by their officials and volunteers is being reduced by up to 10+ hours per event!